Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 3–Rue Moufettard Markets

I am really excited to find out what the 3 travellers thought of this market… wish I had known about them when I was there last year.

It is supposed to be great and have lots of fruit and veg stalls surrounded by normal shops and cafes.  Some reviews by visitors are very good and some by locals are not (it would not be such a novelty to the locals as it is for us).  I guess here in Brisbane, Australia many of us can’t just go for a short walk with our “granny trolleys” and pick up all of our fruit and veg for the day.  Most of our so called fresh fruit & veg come from the local supermarket and well it just doesn’t compare to real fresh fruit & veg.

When we were in Italy last year we purchased a “granny trolley” and walked to the supermarket every 2nd day to get fruit & veg and anything else we felt we needed.  Here at home we need to take the car and well these days we don’t want to waste petrol so we try to buy a weeks worth of food… yet still we end up needing things.  Not only is the food fresher when you pick it up every couple of days but you also get some much needed exercise walking to markets. (maybe I could buy myself a granny trolley here and start walking down to the store??? nah everything would go off by the time I dragged it all back Smile).

I will be adding photo’s as soon as they are sent to me…

No comments: